Wobbel Original Lacquered
Wobbel Original Lacquered
The basic Original Wobbel model of pressed beechwood without felt.
What is a WOBBEL?
It is a sturdy, beautifully crafted beechwood rocking balance board, a seat, a safe haven, a bridge, a house, a step, a slide, a yoga aid, a fort, or a dinosaur!! It can be anything you want it to be!!! Children instinctively know what to do with them! Wobbel encourages active imaginative play. It builds strength and balance as well as creativity. And not just for kids- adults can have have fun too!
Wobbel balance board: The wooden toy that moves young and old. A Waldorf classic redesigned!
The story of the Wobbel
The Wobbel finds its origin in the Waldorf schools. With the Wobbel we present this classic balance board in a modern design and contemporary editions.
The Wobbel stimulates balance and strength during play and use. In a playful way, but very efficiently, it supports physical awareness and balance. When using it as a training device, specific muscle groups can be isolated, while other exercises train big muscle groups. This goes for (young) children, adults and even the elderly.
Peace and Quiet
In our own experience the Wobbel works like a magnet on children and offers them many play possibilities beyond balancing fun. The Wobbel is meant not only for exuberant and playful games, but also for quiet moments and individual play. The board can be a bridge, a fort, a foundation for a rainbow tower, and countless other imaginative things!
The Wobbel is made with many layers of the best European beech wood (FSC), which are stacked and pressed under high pressure, and has a uniquely designed curve.
Because of its shape and looks, the Wobbel is a toy that doesn’t need to be put away after playing with it. It looks great in every living room. It is designed for indoor use, but can be used outside with sufficient care.
Children are open minded and keep finding new uses for the Wobbel. It’s an ideal step in for example the kitchen, so children can wash their own hands without help and bake cookies of course.
Age and weight
The standard Wobbel and felt-finished version are designed and CE certified for children of 3 years and older, but is also suitable for older children and adults up to 200 kilograms. The Wobbel is a balance board to be used standing on it. Other uses have not been tested and certified, so Wobbel B.V. cannot guarantee its safe usage when used in other ways. Never let them stand or sit on the sides.
Use and safety
The Wobbel is a very mobile toy and, as always with these kinds of toys, parental or adult supervision is required. Especially for children of younger ages. A few guides for using the Wobbel:
Make sure your child always uses the Wobbel under adult supervision;
Let your children get used to the Wobbel slowly and help them by giving them a hand or two. Make clear appointments about what can and can’t be done with it;
Never wear socks or smooth shoes. Bare feet or shoes that aren’t slippery prevent accidents;
Take care with fingers at the edges. Teach your children from the first use to always keep their fingers away of the edges;
Make sure the is at least 2 meters of free space around the Wobbel (including other children). Place the Wobbel on a level surface;
The Wobbel is designed for indoor use. It can be used outdoors, but will wear quicker. Never leave outside, because water and moist will eventually damage the wood, paint, and/or felt;
For vulnerable surfaces or floors that aren’t scratch resistant we always recommend using a mat, carpet or rug underneath the Wobbel, even if there is felt underneath. Unprotected parts can still damage your floor or the Wobbel could get damaged.
The Wobbel can get damaged by the use on hard and or irregular floors. Especially pay attention with tile flooring. We recommend using a mat, carpet or rug underneath it. Moving or dragging the Wobbel over these kind of floors with the concave side up (ᴖ) the edges could get damaged.
Users that are or were under the care of a physical therapist for their musculoskeletal system are advised to contact that therapist for proper use of the Wobbel.
Cleaning and maintenance
It is advised to clean the Wobbel with a damp cloth, combined with a mild detergent if necessary. It’s important to wipe it with a dry cloth after cleaning.
The Wobbel doesn’t need any special maintenance.
The Wobbel is made from sustainably harvested European beech wood (FSC) which is pressed and finished with water based lacquers and stains.
Dimensions: 90 x 30cm
Shipping Info: Due to the weight and size of this item, and the high price of shipping, we have temporarily removed shipping options.
If you would like a shipping quote before placing an order, please email email@example.com to request one with your address details and we can send you a custom invoice for your order if you decide to proceed.
We do also offer local pick up from Harrisdale WA 6112.
Delivery within Australia:
General Shipping info:
- We aim to have all ready to ship orders packaged and sent out as soon as possible, typically within 1-4 business days. We try to post orders twice per week and lodge them over the counter for accurate tracking.
- If your order contains "made to order" items or "pre-order" items, your order will be shipped according to the times on the product description.
- If you order includes in-stock and pre-order items, your order will not ship until all items are available. If you need parts of your order sooner, please order separately.
- Free shipping is valid on orders over $150 being posted to an address within Australia. This does not include Connetix, Wobbel or any other similar heavy items, however we have tried to absorb some of the fees charged and offer special rates for these items.
- Due to the ongoing global pandemic, Australia Post have advised since the beginning that there may be delays within their domestic delivery services. Please check with Australia Post for current estimates.
- Express Post for Australian orders is now offered as an option at checkout. There is no longer any next day delivery guarantee with this option with Aus Post.
- We will provide tracking details with all orders so you can keep an eye on estimated date of arrival of your order.
- If you are local to Perth, Little Bambino Bear now offer free local pick up from Harrisdale, WA 6112. Please select this option at checkout and I will be in touch within 1-3 business days to arrange a suitable time for contactless pick up from my home. If you need your order urgently, please get in touch before you place your order and I will advise if I can accomodate. In most cases this will be no problem. We may be able to offer same day pick up!
- Please be advised that any delays after we have shipped your order are outwith our control and unfortunately do appear to be happening globally regardless of which courier or business is involved. However we will do whatever we can to help track and find delayed parcels if you alert us to any issues.
Wobbel Shipping Info:
- Due to the weight and size of Wobbel boards, and the high price of shipping, we have temporarily removed shipping options. However we do offer local pick up from Harrisdale WA 6112.
- If you would like a shipping quote before placing an order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request one and we can send you a custom invoice for your order.
- We now ship all international orders with Registered Post and tracking details will be sent by email once your parcel is posted. For orders placed out with Australia, please also be aware of your own countries importing and customs regulations. Little Bambino Bear cannot be held responsible for any extra charges or delays relating to importing our products.
- Only Little Bambino Bear products can be shipped to USA and Canada (Decorative Cushions and Wall Decor) at this time and we ask if you can order these via our Etsy store. https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/LittleBambinoBear
- We have removed all shipping options for USA and Canada at this time, however if you have placed an order with any additional non LBB items, you will need to remove these items before you can checkout or we may need to refund you.
- Because of the ongoing global pandemic there may be slight delays. Any delays to your order once shipped are out with our control and we ask that you be patient and understand the circumstances.
- We will send tracking with all orders so we can both keep an eye on the delivery status of your order.
- Please also be aware that your order may get held up at Customs in your country, and we have no control over this. It doesn't happen all the time, but can happen and can add up to a week or so to your delivery time.
- If you need your item sent express, please contact us before placing your order and we can arrange this.
At Little Bambino Bear we care about the environment and are committed to trying to reduce plastic waste in our packaging. As a result, our cushions will no longer be sent in cellophane bags, but beautifully wrapped in brown paper. We previously used plastic to offer a layer of protection to your cushions in transit, however we have been carrying out research and listening to the community, and the majority of consumers agree that less plastic packaging is better. We will be phasing out our plastic satchels also and sourcing a more sustainable option, but in the interim, orders will be sent out in our remaining stock of courier bags.
During busy periods (Xmas, public holidays, sales etc), please allow up to an extra week for processing and/or delivery.
Delays, Lost or Stolen parcels
We accept no responsibility for any delays, lost or stolen parcels caused by the designated postal service. If this does however occur, please get in touch with us and we will do whatever we can to help rectify any issues and contact Australia Post to lodge an investigation. In over 7 years we haven't lost a parcel yet (*touches wood!!!!).
We now ship all international orders with Registered Post and tracking details will be sent by email once your parcel is posted. For orders placed out with Australia, please also be aware of your own countries importing and customs regulations. Little Bambino Bear cannot be held responsible for any extra charges or delays relating to importing our products.
We now ship to USA and Canada! Only certain products (Decorative Cushions and Wall Decor), can be shipped to USA and Canada at this time. If you place an order with any additional items, you will need to remove these items before you can checkout.Orders returned to us
In the event that your order was sent out to the correct address and then returned to us, we can either offer a refund minus all shipping charges, or can resend once additional shipping charges have been paid by customer. If the error was on our part we will rectify asap and resend your item at no additional cost to you.